Hand painted porcelain plate restored by S. Engelmann in 2000
Thomas Meyer is the somewhat shy owner of the Porzellanklinik in Magdeburg.
For 15 years he has been professionally restoring and mending historic and valuable porcelain. Over that period he has seen the city centre change quite a bit, but as long as china breaks, his clientele will find its way to the Klinik.
Thomas Meyer is part of a network of ceramic restorers spread over six cities. They use all kinds of traditional techniques to mend broken porcelain. But their business has entered the twenty-first century, and they experiment with the new techniques available. Photos can now be printed at high temperatures on tiles or plates. The results are quite remarkable.
Various Artists bought a porcelain plate that was restored by S. Engelmann in 2000.
- seuropa.r (Hand painted porcelain plate restored by S. Engelmann in 2000)
- seuropa.r.re worked by Robert Ingelbreč
- seuropa.r.za worked by Martaque
- seuropa.r.hey worked by Ana Omandichana
- seuropa.r.be worked by Mumei
- seuropa.r.Da worked by Bobby Ingelbreč
- seuropa.r.fa worked by Martn and Christl Coppens